Bellingen Men’s Shed is a not for profit organisation.
The Shed is fully affiliated with the Australian Men’s Shed Association (AMSA).
Membership is open to men and women to learn new skills with likeminded people.
Our Vision Statement
To advance the health and well-being of men and women in Bellingen and the Bellinger Valley by providing a safe, happy and non-judgemental environment, where skilled and unskilled men and women of all ages and abilities can, in the company of other men and women, together pursue their hobbies, pastimes and interests, learn new skills, practice and pass on old skills, learn about their own and other people’s health and well-being, and by their efforts contribute to their families, friends and the broader community.
Our Mission Statement
- to be a place for overcoming isolation and loneliness and nurturing mateship and belonging
- have a structured program for advancing the health and wellbeing of its members
- help the disadvantaged and disabled
- be a place to acquire, preserve and pass on traditional skills
- be a safe place to work and train
- meet the needs of its members and member’s families
- work in co-operation with Bellingen High School in engaging and supporting its students
- be a valued community asset fully connected to the community
- generate sufficient income to be financially self-supporting.